3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Did the LD 3/4 tons use the 70mm box?
I've never paid attention to even know there was a difference but I'd say based on my other experiences with 2500LD's, they'll use whatever box the 1500's use. They are quite literally a 1500 with a 9.5" 14 bolt, an extra leaf spring, and a few small gussets added to the frame in a few places.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never paid attention to even know there was a difference but I'd say based on my other experiences with 2500LD's, they'll use whatever box the 1500's use. They are quite literally a 1500 with a 9.5" 14 bolt, an extra leaf spring, and a few small gussets added to the frame in a few places.

Richard
Yes, that’s correct, but @fancyTBI 95 Sierra c2500 is not a LD and his came originally with the larger bore 80mm.

83 - 70mm

You must be registered for see images attach

84 - 80mm

Last edited:

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Yes, that’s correct, but @fancyTBI 95 Sierra c2500 is not a LD
I know. I was responding to ol' boy asking about the LD. :) I would never imply Mr. Fancy is rolling anything less than an 8 lugger.. except for those other trucks of his. ;)

Richard

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they're denying you a refund based on some nonsensical technicality? Are they claiming you chose the wrong box, used it in the wrong application and that damaged it? Or just that you chose the wrong box and it's nonrefundable because it was installed?

Fck Borgeson, is what I'm thinking. Which is a shame to think about, but if it's junk, and their support matches, then fck 'em.

Richard
They are claiming that the box should work with any application that has a front axle weight of 4,400lbs or less. See my two attached emails for some extra info.

Basically I asked: if it isn’t meant for 3500s and the 8600gvwr 2500 isn’t that much different, is this box only meant for 1500s and LD2500s. They responded with the weight comment. Mind you, this information isn’t on their website or Summit. Not the bore size, not the weight, they directed me to summit for a return if I wasn’t happy. Because summit always takes back stuff outside of the return window that’s been used. :rolleyes:
Wait, they are claiming the front axle weight must be at least 4,400lbs or the warranty/return is void? Total BS.

Have you still got the box or is it in their possession?
Flip it around, recommended for trucks with a front axle weight of 4,400lbs or less. I have the box still. I followed up today with Borgeson about the weight (fully loaded, yes but still less than their limit) and where to go from here. If I warranty it, it’s going to someone else. If they give me a refund, great. $570 or so for this box.
Did the LD 3/4 tons use the 70mm box?
I agree with Richard. Those trucks are so similar to the 1500s. I’ll let you know when I pick up my LD later this year. ;)
Yes, that’s correct, but @fancyTBI 95 Sierra c2500 is not a LD and his came originally with the larger bore 80mm.

83 - 70mm

You must be registered for see images attach

84 - 80mm
Something I don’t know I mentioned, Turn One said that cast number isn’t always consistent with the bore size. But it’s more likely than not that the numbers do coincide with what you’ve shared. Good indicator though!
I know. I was responding to ol' boy asking about the LD. :) I would never imply Mr. Fancy is rolling anything less than an 8 lugger.. except for those other trucks of his. ;)

Richard
More lugs more less no money.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    665.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 7

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something I don’t know I mentioned, Turn One said that cast number isn’t always consistent with the bore size. But it’s more likely than not that the numbers do coincide with what you’ve shared. Good indicator though!
Did Turn 1 confirm yours was the larger 80mm? I know earlier in this thread you pointed out it did have 84 mark.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Summit and explained everything to them. They said they would accept a return for a full refund. I am outside the 180 day return window but they obliged. And they thought it was weird how the box has a warranty but it has to be warrantied through Borgeson and not Summit. “Contradictory” they said.