1998 K1500 JB6 C5S Heavy Half with mixed calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
C5 and C6 brake calipers will spread on the track too so I'm not surprised that these suck. In non-hydroboost form there isn't enough clamping force to hurt anything though. I will also agree with the low fidelity on all ABS systems fitted to these trucks, they're absolutely awful.

REM777

Reaction score
Anyone know for the ACDELCO 18R741F1 brake caliper - what does "Revised F1 Part Design" mean - thanks --

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question - has anyone ever quantified the low drag of the "low drag" caliper ? Is it almost none measurable ?
I'm sure it's measurable, at least when everything is working properly so that the calipers aren't seized on the guidepins, and pistons aren't seized in the bores.

NBS = new body style?
Yeah, but I hate using "NBS" or "OBS" since both have been obsoleted by at least one if not two or three still-newer generations of GM trucks.

REM777

Reaction score
C5 and C6 brake calipers will spread on the track too so I'm not surprised that these suck. In non-hydroboost form there isn't enough clamping force to hurt anything though. I will also agree with the low fidelity on all ABS systems fitted to these trucks, they're absolutely awful.

REM777

Reaction score
when I was bedding in the pads after install I got the rear end into some kind of weird oscillation during high speed panic stops .. however, the truck really runs well - my only regret is that it got stolen and the alpha hotel broke out the column, and door latch ..and not putting a stroker crank in the 5.7 when I rebuilt it - truck has 80 K on it - old guy gave it to me - was going to flip it and make a few bucks and fell in love with it in process -