1997 yukon walbro 255

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I’ll go ahead and order those two, thanks for the links. Also just wondering, what would the point be in replacing the entire sending unit?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ll go ahead and order those two, thanks for the links. Also just wondering, what would the point be in replacing the entire sending unit?
They do get replaced, I mean if it’s your original, it’s 27 years old. Not a lot of money for some peace of mind. But your call.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ll probably just replace it, why not since I’m in there anyway. So that Spectre unit for sure works with the Walbro?
I would have to say yes, I didn’t use it but would have, had I not found an original NOS sender. I’ve read a few on this forum that like them, good manufacturer from what I can see.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I’ll get the Spectre sending unit then. If that Walbro pump is direct fit for our trucks then I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I just remembered that my fuel gauge is kinda inaccurate sometimes lol so a new sending unit would be a good idea for sure.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a lifted truck, would yall recommend dropping the tank instead of tilting the bed? I belive there are a lot less bolts you have to undo, and plus I'd have lots of room to work comfortably under the truck. Undoing the bed bolts and possibly rear bumper bolts doesn't sound fun.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
you only have to lift one side of the bed take all the bolts out on the driver side and only take the passenger side bolts half way out so your bed stays alined get some big blocks and a high-lift/bumper jack shove some wood between the bed and frame to hold it up once you have jacked it up another thing that can be done is to cut a hole in the bed and make a door some have done that

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the rear bumper need to come off to give enough clearance for the bed to tilt? If not, then i guess its not too bad. Cutting a hole in the bed is a little too clapped out for my liking, but I guess if youve got a rusty bed its smart.