1997 k1500 Chevrolet Suburban shaking/shuddering/jerking at highway speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, do you think this valve is ok too? Looks just like the Fitzall kit, but that one is not readily available here in Belgium, the Amazon kit however is.
No idea; I would not buy a knock-off...Check on eBay to see if you can find a seller who has the correct Fitzall valve & ships world-wide or at least to Europe.

Fredje

Reaction score
Found some on ebay, thanks!
Btw, will it not give issues with the tcc pressure being too high all the time leading to transmission components being overstressed? All internals have been upgraded to 4L65E components during the rebuild.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found some on ebay, thanks!
Btw, will it not give issues with the tcc pressure being too high all the time leading to transmission components being overstressed? All internals have been upgraded to 4L65E components during the rebuild.
If I thought it would give you issues, I wouldn't recommend it...I've been using those valves for over a decade, including in my own truck's 4L60E...Never had one come back...Line pressure is managed by the electronic pressure control solenoid; you will have over-stress/pressure conditions if that thing fails in such a way that allows too much apply charge into circuits hence why all electronic components must be replaced as they wear out like any other.

Your transmission builder may drill the TCC balance hole in the spacer plate to address any concerns about TCC regulation specifically which is what Transgo has you do as well when using their TCC regulator valve and spring but like it said, never found it to be necessary.

Like I said before - let your transmission builder handle all of these things...Don't buy anything either - let him purchase what needs to be installed.

You are the customer - it's not your responsibility to do his job.