1997 5.7 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickyxxl

Reaction score
Biggershaft96 makes a good point. Upgrading the old csfi spider injector to the MPFI might not add much power according to the dyno but it definitely smooths out the engine and is noticeably snappier than the csfi, and more reliable by a long shot.

I have two 1999s, the C1500 Sub still has a good csfi, the K1500 Sub has the new MPFI, and you can definitely feel a difference in throttle response.

While you are at it, pull the whole intake and clean it out, put in new Felpro gaskets (only the rubber ones with metal frame).

You should have a good tight intake for a long, long time. I dread owning one of these trucks knowing it has anything other than the Felpro.

Some people claim good results upgrading the intake to the marine version but I cannot testify to that. But worth considering if you're doing the injectors
Could you link me the felpro gasket? I’m going to clean my intake manifold and replace the gasket after reading this.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you link me the felpro gasket? I’m going to clean my intake manifold and replace the gasket after reading this.

Look on RockAuto, here:

Part Catalog>GMC>1998>K1500 PICKUP>5.7L V8>Engine>Intake Plenum Gasket

If you need the complete gasket set, look here:

Part Catalog>GMC>1998>K1500 PICKUP>5.7L V8>Engine>Intake Manifold Gasket

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would not put those rubber gaskets on anything I cared about. I only use fiber paper.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes long tube headers and a good tune are the only upgrades I would recommend but even then it’s not gonna be the L-96 6.0 LS that you want