1988 GMC C1500 - Z06 Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
They're engine skids the yard supplies with each engine. I love them, the most solid V8 engine transportation I've ever had.

Should go buy another 6.0, so I have a 4th.

At the rate I'm buying, I'd be served to keep a cradle in the bed.

You must be registered for see images attach
Looks like the skid that the 350 target master my cousin put in a customer of our parts store's '64 Impala. Had a 283/powerglide, old man wanted more performance. He was willing to pay for the job, so we got the engine from a local dealership and my cousin did the swap over a weekend. The old 283 is still on that skid; I have a 400 small block on another one.
Semi related question: do all 400 SB have 3 freeze plugs on a side instead of 2 like the other ones? And did the early 400 SB have a canister oil filter instead of the spin on one?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Looks like the skid that the 350 target master my cousin put in a customer of our parts store's '64 Impala. Had a 283/powerglide, old man wanted more performance. He was willing to pay for the job, so we got the engine from a local dealership and my cousin did the swap over a weekend. The old 283 is still on that skid; I have a 400 small block on another one.
Semi related question: do all 400 SB have 3 freeze plugs on a side instead of 2 like the other ones? And did the early 400 SB have a canister oil filter instead of the spin on one?

400 SBCs came in 2 and 3 freeze plug variants.

I believe they all used spin on filters, someone has gone backwards or it isn't a 400.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
On today's episode of: Cause and Effect

You must be registered for see images attach

A dumb hillbilly in Kansas learns how to rebuild a TH400 after spanking reverse.

In all reality, I believe the trans sat so long, when it went into reverse it pulled the friction material off of the reverse band. As 1st-3rd are just fine. If it was a clutch pack issue, i'd have lost 3rd as well.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would pickup a torque converter too. I seem to remember if they sit to long, for instance during a cam swap, they go bad as well. :shrug:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I would pickup a torque converter too. I seem to remember if they sit to long, for instance during a cam swap, they go bad as well. :shrug:

There's a higher stall converter to the left of the picture.

I've never personally seen a converter fail due to sitting, ran some pretty old stuff, too.