1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It fits, but I'm not crazy about the location. You can't see it unless you are squatted down, but I'm going to see it every time I walk by it.

It's heavy enough that I don't want to bolt it to sheet metal, so I am attaching it to the bumper brace, which is pretty thick. Volvo sure came up with the weirdest bracket in the history of brackets. Nothing is square or even on the same plane.

Gotta run up to the depot of housing to get some bolts and I'm out of cut-off discs.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My boogery welds continued. I just can't get a bead to form, it's either pops or whispers, no bacon frying. But you know me, I didn't let that stop me. LOL.

It's mounted up.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, looks like it's going to work. I need to run the wiring permanently, fix a leak, and some other piddly stuff, but it does turn the wheels and without much effort.

I hate leaving it like that, but I've been hardcore dieting the last month and low blood sugar plus 102 heat index had me woozy AF.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just wired up direct, or did you use a knob or controller? I'm guessing that it's just wired up direct right now?

I hate leaving it like that, but I've been hardcore dieting the last month and low blood sugar plus 102 heat index had me woozy AF.
Yep, you gotta plan your diet ahead in the heat. If I don't have anything on my stomach, I start getting light-headed. But I also have to eat light so I don't chuck it back up. If I'm having trouble keeping focus, it's time to take a break and hit the A/C for a bit. The trouble is in getting motivated to get back out in the heat. When I find myself wandering around the shop trying to be productive but I can't get anything done, it's time to call it quits for the day.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just wired up direct, or did you use a knob or controller? I'm guessing that it's just wired up direct right now?

Yep, you gotta plan your diet ahead in the heat. If I don't have anything on my stomach, I start getting light-headed. But I also have to eat light so I don't chuck it back up. If I'm having trouble keeping focus, it's time to take a break and hit the A/C for a bit. The trouble is in getting motivated to get back out in the heat. When I find myself wandering around the shop trying to be productive but I can't get anything done, it's time to call it quits for the day.

Correct, no controller. It seems like it's going to be fine that way. It felt like at the center there's a bit of a lag, but I don't know if the controller would fix it. It's also really only worked for a minute and not even rolling, so it might be premature to draw conclusions.

10 years ago I would have drank at least a 6-pack while doing this and not even be wobbly. LOL.