12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rightio, I hav shot them a message to double check the details of the flash, but 100% VATS is turned off.
Would it pay for me to switch the VIN on the PCM to a compatible VIN? Is this something that will trip me up using HPTuners in the future?
Buy this, use PCMHammer and write whatever VIN you want to it. HPTuners will license against that VIN. You can use that same tool to do whatever tuning you want for free without needing to license anything through HPtuners though.
https://obdxpro.com/product/obdx-pro-vx-obd2-diagnostics-and-tuning/?swcfpc=1

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Rightio, I hav shot them a message to double check the details of the flash, but 100% VATS is turned off.
Would it pay for me to switch the VIN on the PCM to a compatible VIN? Is this something that will trip me up using HPTuners in the future?

In EFILive it is of no consequence. I plugged in my GMT400 VIN to my 411 and a professional scanner will still identify it as a van or truck, I forget what mine started life as.