Mr. Jangles 99 K3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the GM paint names are developed by marketing people without regard to their actual color. They'll even have multiple names for the same paint.
Yup.... Pewter Metallic=Light Autumnwood Metallic= Silversand, all are code 11 paint. Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac, in that order, names. What makes it even more confusing is in '97 Chevy had two names for the code 55 that my crew cab is: Rawhide Metallic (where the truck's name comes from) and Light Autumnwood Metallic. And when my trucks are together it's very easy to tell they're different colors.

Attachments

• IMG_20240416_155537165.jpg
    IMG_20240416_155537165.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240326_104243691.jpg
    IMG_20240326_104243691.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 2

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
So haven't been able to do much with mother nature being the way she is and with work, but I have been piling up some parts. I found out I have a water leak into the cab. Come to find out it is from the missing cab light lenses. Don't know why I didn't think they wouldn't leak with them missing.

I've got 5 new lenses and bases, sound deadening material and new carpet pad to put in once I get the water leak fixed. I can't believe how much 194 bulbs are running at parts stores. My local stores want 8 bucks for a 2 pack of non led bulbs. I'm just guessing that I'm going to need a minimum of 15 of the 194 bulbs to replace all the bulbs of that size. At parts store price thats 70 bucks for bulbs.

I've got the HVAC box put back together with new doors, actuators, A/C evap and reused but flushed heater core. I've got all the wiring back into the dash so it is ready to go back in as well. Still need to find my wiring pins so I can fix that one wire that I pulled the end off of for the ECM before I get the dash back in.
If you need lots of the same bulb, buy boxes from Rock Auto. They should be way cheaper. I've noticed that huge price for tiny bulbs at my parts stores and Walmart.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Yup.... Pewter Metallic=Light Autumnwood Metallic= Silversand, all are code 11 paint. Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac, in that order, names. What makes it even more confusing is in '97 Chevy had two names for the code 55 that my crew cab is: Rawhide Metallic (where the truck's name comes from) and Light Autumnwood Metallic. And when my trucks are together it's very easy to tell they're different colors.
good looking trucks we need more pictures of both of them together before my step dad painted our 2000 firebird black cherry pearl its factory color was pewter metallic but depending what time of day it was it or how the sun hit it would look gold

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you need lots of the same bulb, buy boxes from Rock Auto. They should be way cheaper. I've noticed that huge price for tiny bulbs at my parts stores and Walmart.
Yeah that's my plan. There like 60 cents a piece from rock auto and then another 15 to get it to my door. I'm going to check with the local car quest tomorrow and see. It's still somewhat owned by a local guy. He just has to jump through the advance auto hoops for some things. He tends to have bulbs in bulk boxes behind the counter for shops. If he doesn't might just get what I need to put the cab lights on so I can move on with stuff.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I never got the paint code for the truck lol. I seen the glove box the other day when I was in the garage but had other things on my mind and didn't look.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
good looking trucks we need more pictures of both of them together before my step dad painted our 2000 firebird black cherry pearl its factory color was pewter metallic but depending what time of day it was it or how the sun hit it would look gold
The pewter looks gray or silver on overcast days, depending on available light. And it will almost disappear in a dimly lit parking lot. I compare it to the color carburetors are anodized; not quite silver or gold but some of both.
It's funny, our family car when I was younger was a gold '70 Pontiac LeMans, and two of our square body Burbs were brown and cream, one was honey gold, our Buick Estate Wagon was pewter, Mom's '81 Monte Carlo was dark metallic brown and pewter, and our '81 Sierra shop truck was metallic brown. Two different shades actually; the left rear fender was the '80 color which is more root beer brown and the rest of it was a chocolate brown metallic. It got scraped coming off the hauler, and that was the only truck on Frank Gillman Pontiac GMC's lot that had all the options we wanted. So we said "paint the fender and we'll get it, don't and we won't".

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
And I never got the paint code for the truck lol. I seen the glove box the other day when I was in the garage but had other things on my mind and didn't look.
It's probably one of the last codes on the sheet. It will have a U or L as the last digit, after two numbers. Example, 11U or 55U (the codes on my trucks). U is Upper color, or indicates solid color, as on mine, and L is the Lower color in a two tone.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
before my step dad painted our 2000 firebird black cherry pearl its factory color was pewter metallic but depending what time of day it was it or how the sun hit it would look gold
it is a great color if you ask this one is missing the t tops
You must be registered for see images attach