In Spec.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are highlighted values in spec. here. Was at 1100 rpm.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you idling at 1100 RPM, or are you checking the cam offset with the engine RPM deliberately raised to 1100?

Cam offset is close, but not actually within spec.

Timing advance seems reasonable.
Was checking cam offset.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering because if I’m not within 0°+/-2°, will I have to reset Distributor, or just loosen and a slight clockwise turn would fix.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a few “online” if +/turn clockwise and -/counterclockwise. Just hoping I don’t have to restab.
Truck runs great other than it idles at 670-680

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're 1/2 of a degree away from spec.

I'm not sure I'd bother correcting it.

Re-stabbing the distributor seems...unlikely...unless it's absolutely impossible to turn it the correct direction because it's touching something else and won't move that way. In which case...I'm not sure I'd bother correcting it.

When I got my '97, the scan tool showed it was 29 degrees "off". THAT was worth correcting. Didn't run any different afterward, though.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have discovered mine will run just the same at about + or - about 15 degrees. Runs ok but starting becomes a issue. I try to get it close to 0 as i can.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're 1/2 of a degree away from spec.

I'm not sure I'd bother correcting it.

Re-stabbing the distributor seems...unlikely...unless it's absolutely impossible to turn it the correct direction because it's touching something else and won't move that way. In which case...I'm not sure I'd bother correcting it.

When I got my '97, the scan tool showed it was 29 degrees "off". THAT was worth correcting. Didn't run any different afterward, though.
That’s why I’m asking and wondering if it’s necessary and what benefits reducing to 0°?