Heavy duty harness + 4 hi mod wiring diagram!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
after searching everywhere and not finding anything, i decided to make my own diagram. this is for the heavy duty headlight harness, high and low beam plus the 4 hi mod. the 4 hi mod can be deleted, by just not wiring in the 3rd relay.

of course there are many ways to do this, the way im building it, im buying all new connectors and relays from the local parts stores.

i will be building this tomorrow, or the next day, and will update with pictures when i do it.

You must be registered for see images attach

and heres the version using greatwhites write up for the 4hi mod, with only 2 relays!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Won't that make your lows flicker when switched to high beams? Also why are you using double throw relays instead of single? I'm just curious sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 4 hi mod is wired as described in the sticky on this site. And the relays are 5 pole spst relays. And I used those cuz I have 200+ of them laying around

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
The 4 hi mod is wired as described in the sticky on this site. And the relays are 5 pole spst relays. And I used those cuz I have 200+ of them laying around

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

In the thread there is a post by Great White that describes a built in 4 Hi mod that makes the 3rd relay not needed and also won't make the lows flicker when the highs are kicked on. I'm currently in the process of building a harness this way and so that why I was asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have link to his diagram would you? I know I have one that he posted at one point but I want to make sure it's the same one.

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i looked at his diagram, and made changes to mine, and added a second diagram based off his info.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If your using a 5 post relay like that then you should run the tan and green wires to the headlights separately, Instead of splicing the wire somewhere.

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the tan and green wires would be ran to the head lights seperatly. im not gonna be using the factory harness. each wire will run from the bulb, to the relays. 2 greens from one relay to the high beams, 2 tans from one relay to the low beams. its gonna be build identical to the aftermarket one another member on here builds.