Dorman HD front end parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like an option. How do these ride? Anyone running them that recommended them?
I have full poly in the front of mine. There’s more feedback from the little bumps but I wouldn’t say it’s harsh.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hellwig bars and full poly bushings, I could deal with that.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the poly bushings I’ve done that came in a kit, included the inner bolt sleeves.
Kits for '64--'72 GM "A-body", 70--'80+ A, F, X, and I think 77-up B-body have included the inner sleeves for the upper arms.

HOWEVER, vehicles I've put Poly bushings into that have camber/caster adjustment via the eccentrics on the upper control arm have NOT had inner sleeves included. For me, that's '66--'78 Toronado/ElDorado; and the 4WD GMT400 series vehicles. So for both, I've had to fabricate my own upper control arm inner sleeves.

I've put Poly bushings into numerous vehicles; I would not call them "harsh". I'd call them "responsive" because they're holding alignment angles better that the squishy rubber that has Too Damn Much compliance.

I admit that I don't understand buying new control arms and then immediately removing "new" ball joints so that different "new" ball joints can be installed. Why not wear-out the first set of joints before upgrading to the second set?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I admit that I don't understand buying new control arms and then immediately removing "new" ball joints so that different "new" ball joints can be installed.
That’s assuming ALL new ball joints are the same quality…which they’re not. Skim through this forum and read of all the failed “new” parts within a couple of years. My TTX parts 2 years later are still rock solid, so losing $60.00 on far less desirable ball joints was an easy decision. They drilled out like butter, 10 minutes for both. I also, was working full time then, so time being money was also part of the plan.