Back glass removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a heat knife thats what glass installers use,i have used piano wire but it takes time and a bit of wire the glue is hard to slice thru

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on the back window? that's usually in cars and on front windows. My old man used a lot of spray lube and screw driver on his other truck which was a 76 and a 77. Same on his 84 though. I thought these were the same. Putting it back in he used a rope and a buddy with alot of patience.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea a rope, it's used in the window channel portion of the rubber, where you have an outside flap and an inside flap, the rope goes in the groove, and you stick the ends on the inside of the cab, one stays outside pushing on it, the other works the rope on the inside thus pulling the inner rubber strip in place until it's all done.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Very cool idea. I have a sliding window in my garage that I would love to get installed. Just havent had the money yet. Easy enough to cut it out of the doner truck but not sure about install myself.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
same thing he did, had a parts truck with a slider, pulled it out by himself, his truck has one piece glass, tried to remove it and it shattered, then him and a buddy reinstalled the slider in his truck.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
these trucks rear windows are glued and if its the factory window their a ***** to get out the glue is tough to cut

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are all the 88-98 back glass windows glued in?? my 88 looks just like the rubber gaskets..?