Another 454 Vortec Build Thread - Documenting, Q&A, Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bachert24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a vacuum line, not a fuel line. If it was rotten I have to wonder if fuel didn't kill it by leaking out of the regulator.
It was pretty rough, vacuum line makes more sense I’m retarded. I did replace it with fuel line though because I’m dumb. It is 26 yrs old and had heat contending with it so no surprise it’s deteriorating.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seem odd. My FPR had a 1 1/2in piece of vacuum hose that hooked to the back of the lower intake.
You must be registered for see images attach

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm I’m gonna have to look into that what year?
All years had that. That is the line that you were asked to check and remove to verify FPR function way back in the first pages of the thread. It should be a short vacuum line running from the FPR to the back of the manifold. It is very common for it to rot out and cause a big vacuum leak among other things. It also commonly rots out because the FPR diaphragm goes bad and leaks fuel into the intake manifold through the line.

Bachert24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All years had that. That is the line that you were asked to check and remove to verify FPR function way back in the first pages of the thread. It should be a short vacuum line running from the FPR to the back of the manifold. It is very common for it to rot out and cause a big vacuum leak among other things. It also commonly rots out because the FPR diaphragm goes bad and leaks fuel into the intake manifold through the line.
Ok I see, vacuum line was rotted and replaced I was looking at the fuel rail not realizing what it was. We’re all set on that lol. You should see my injectors they look terrible, new ones came today along with new quantum fuel pump.