Adjusting Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Since I put my new front end on my HIDs are a little high. Ive tried all the screws and rods but they wont budge. Ive never had to do a set before so I need a little help. Thanks

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How old are they ?

When I installed my new stockers I had to use either a 5.5 or 6.5 mm socket & 1/4" ratchet to get mines to turn. It seemed like I was cranking on those studs forever but I finally got the headlights to line up .

Last edited:

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you have them adjusted down as far as they will go and they still arent right because they are not stock, you could put washers behind where the housing mounts to the core support. may be a little ghetto but who is going to see that? just an idea...

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The adjusters are deep down inside 2 holes in the radiator support. I marked the holes in this pic with the wire connectors...

You must be registered for see images attach

Stock lights, my TYC Elegante lights and many other aftermarket lights use a T15 torx to adjust them.

You can somewhat see the screw in this shot...

You must be registered for see images attach

bamf93

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my hid's...i love em though...waiting on my valance to come in soo i can add hid fog lights...i might go down to 5k...i don't like the blue'ish tint....

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
They could just be the mount of the HIDs themselves. Can you turn them at all?

Also, FIY, I once got new headlights and spent hours trying to adjust them right, got them decent. Then like a week later a went over some bumps etc, and they were at completely different angles and actually adjusted properly...

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but how in the world do you adjust the stock headlights to move the beam left or right? Which screw is it.
And the passenger side light sticks out farther than the other side. It doesn't seem to be able to pop any farther in? Any way to fix that?