6.0 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Owen

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, I have a 1998 Chevy k2500 with the 5.7 vortec and 4l80e transmission. I want to 6.0 swap it (preferably lq9). This would be my first swap so I have a lot of questions. I know it's been done a lot, but I don't see many swaps into a 3/4 ton obs. My main question is if I could make my 4l80e work with the 6.0, from what I've read it doesn't sound like it, but maybe someone knows more. Only reason I'd like to use my transmission is it's in good shape and would make the swap cheaper. Thank you for any help.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, I have a 1998 Chevy k2500 with the 5.7 vortec and 4l80e transmission. I want to 6.0 swap it (preferably lq9). This would be my first swap so I have a lot of questions. I know it's been done a lot, but I don't see many swaps into a 3/4 ton obs. My main question is if I could make my 4l80e work with the 6.0, from what I've read it doesn't sound like it, but maybe someone knows more. Only reason I'd like to use my transmission is it's in good shape and would make the swap cheaper. Thank you for any help.
Swap and cheap can't be said in the same sentence =) Yes 4l80e came with the 6.0. Those 6.0's are going up in price since everyone and their mother wants one for the power. Possibly getting to the u pull it and removing one from one that they freshly have put on the yard, is your best bet. Along with getting all the accessories like p/s pump and brackets. Mileage don't worry, even with 250k LS motors will keep going. I have a 5.3 I swapped in my c1500 that I did 4 years ago and it was my first time ever doing one. The 5.3 are more plentiful and you can still get alot of power by a simple cam swap. Ls1truck.com and lt1swap.com is where I got my info from. Dirty Dingo slider mounts for about $100 is the way to go. LS motor and any trans will bolt together and drop in with no welding. Do the wire harness yourself and save a butt load of $$. Not to hard, just takes time to remove 30 or so wires you will NOT need. Send the PCM to be tuned and/or remove the vats (vehicle anti theft system) to get it running. Actually getting a donor truck will everything easier and cheaper also. Good luck.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Last edited: