xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any updates? It’s been awhile.
LOL, I’m back in college for the summer and fall semesters, so the only thing you’ll be hearing from me is...nothing. Lots of studying to do.

It’s been so damn humid outside and in the garage, that I’ve not really wanted to spend any time in there. I did organize my tool box to make some room on my bench again. Bought a couple things, like some 3M urethane seam sealer for the floorpan under the dash. I still need to wirebrush the area some more, prime, paint, and seal it. Then I can put the carpet in. Bought some new sunvisors (for later GMs) that I will modify to put in the truck, eventually (per that one thread’s directions). I have to find some old sunvisors with good bases to use (either eBay or salvage yard). Working on that still.

Still have to get a lot of parts powdercoated. I imagine that will be at least a grand. So, have to save up for that.

But, since I’m back in school, everything is kinda’ on the back burner.

We’ll see how the rest of the year goes. If it’s a good year, maybe I can save enough money and get a crate engine around tax time next year.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, I’m back in college for the summer and fall semesters, so the only thing you’ll be hearing from me is...nothing. Lots of studying to do.

It’s been so damn humid outside and in the garage, that I’ve not really wanted to spend any time in there. I did organize my tool box to make some room on my bench again. Bought a couple things, like some 3M urethane seam sealer for the floorpan under the dash. I still need to wirebrush the area some more, prime, paint, and seal it. Then I can put the carpet in. Bought some new sunvisors (for later GMs) that I will modify to put in the truck, eventually (per that one thread’s directions). I have to find some old sunvisors with good bases to use (either eBay or salvage yard). Working on that still.

Still have to get a lot of parts powdercoated. I imagine that will be at least a grand. So, have to save up for that.

But, since I’m back in school, everything is kinda’ on the back burner.

We’ll see how the rest of the year goes. If it’s a good year, maybe I can save enough money and get a crate engine around tax time next year.
Ok, study hard then. :deal:

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatcha studying? If you don’t mind me asking. Best of luck in your academics. It’s tough as I’m sure you know! I finished my masters 2 semesters ahead of time because I just wanted to be done. I was a zombie for about 5 years due to my schedule and credit hours.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatcha studying? If you don’t mind me asking. Best of luck in your academics. It’s tough as I’m sure you know! I finished my masters 2 semesters ahead of time because I just wanted to be done. I was a zombie for about 5 years due to my schedule and credit hours.
Wish I had a Master's. Even a Bachelor's. What is your Master's in? Pretty much need a Master's these days to make a really decent living unless you have a lot of experience under your belt. Or — you work your ass off non stop.

Just finishing my second Associate's — this one is in Health Information Technology. Started a while back but then had a family and that got put on the back burner. Now, have more time (and motivation!) to finish. It’s honestly not difficult; it's just a matter of completing assignments. It isn't high level academics, frankly.

I obtained a coding certification from AAPC in March, so now I want to complete the degree so I can get a couple more certifications from AHIMA. All this will hopefully help me get an inpatient/outpatient coder job with my employer. It's a competitive market now that employers are hiring for remote positions (a lot more applicants). Might not be competitive in a decade or so if AI takes over a lot of coding. :O

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta be some kind of engineering. Definitely STEM related. :Big Laugh:
Medical field. Was a hospital corpsman in the Navy for 6 years. Dabbled in automotive field for a couple years as a technician and went to school for auto tech (and paramedic school), but eventually landed back in the medical field. Got twenty years of medical field experience now, so may as well stay in it to retirement.

Electrical power engineering technology (Bachelor's) interested me for a bit. Just didn't pursue it. Could land a job with CenterPoint Energy (if I got that degree), I'm sure.

Last edited: