Window Switch OEM Supplier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who was the OEM window switch supplier? I’m seeing a seller selling switches that are Airtex. He says they are GM originals, but in Airtex boxes. I do know Airtex was an OE supplier to GM, just don’t know if switches were one of them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cherry logo is interesting. I've heard that name before. They used to make some good mechanical computer keyboards, although I never owned one.
Saw that too. My passenger switch is acting up, when I open it up, I’ll look for that emblem. I’m also looking at the Rostra Powertrain Controls brand switches on RA. From what I’ve found searching, Rostra has also been a longtime OE supplier to the U.S. auto industry. They appear to still be U.S. made and affiliated with Sonnax.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue with is my passenger side window doesn’t go down with passenger side switch…it will go up though. The driver side control(for passenger) works fine. RockAuto has this test procedure:
You must be registered for see images attach

So, I do not see ANY dimming and according to this ^^^ I should conclude it’s the Window Motor, although it functions fine with drivers side controls and goes up with passenger side. :shrug:Just no down with passenger switch.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, no dimming no load. The motor isn't getting power so it's not bringing the voltage down. It's either the contacts for down, or wiring .
The motor does get power, maybe just not to the “down” contact, from switch, it does go down with driver’s switch. Maybe I’m not understanding you?
The dimming test I’m not so sure about. If it were an accurate test, why wouldn’t it dim when using the driver side? That switch is fine and it doesn’t dim anything either.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The motor does get power, maybe just not to the “down” contact, from switch,

Right, at that moment it's not getting power, just like when you're not trying to put the window down. You're pressing the button down, but nothing is happening, and there's no dimming because there's no power and therefore the motor is not a load on the system. In other words pressing the button isn't causing any change. You know the motor works, and the window is mechanically fine, so it must be that switch or the wires/connections are at fault.

it does go down with driver’s switch. Maybe I’m not understanding you?
The dimming test I’m not so sure about. If it were an accurate test, why wouldn’t it dim when using the driver side? That switch is fine and it doesn’t dim anything either.

A motor with power but no movement is a bigger load so it drops the voltage more and dims the lights. If you try to roll up the working window when it's already up you may see some dimming. I do on my vehicles.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, at that moment it's not getting power, just like when you're not trying to put the window down. You're pressing the button down, but nothing is happening, and there's no dimming because there's no power and therefore the motor is not a load on the system. In other words pressing the button isn't causing any change. You know the motor works, and the window is mechanically fine, so it must be that switch or the wires/connections are at fault.

A motor with power but no movement is a bigger load so it drops the voltage more and dime the lights. If you try to roll up the working window when it's already up you may see some dimming. I do on my vehicles.
Ok, that’s what I was thinking too, that it is the switch.
Have you ever heard of that Rostra brand? Think I’ll give them a shot.

Last edited: