White smoke and dies on acceleration. Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettinator

Reaction score
There's a test kit that can tell you if you have exhaust gasses in your radiator. Check with your local parts house or online
The combustion gas fluid test showed no presence, running for 15-30 minutes. I need to run it again while reving the engine. The white smoke is now minimal at idle but significant at acceleration.

The vacuum test kit i got doesnt have the right fitting for my radiator, so i will go to autozone to rent theirs.
Did you replace the O2 sensor?

Does the pump have appropriate power and ground? Did you check?

What is the fuel pressure at prime, at idle, and when attempting heavier load?

That's scary. Flat-bracket bottom-feeder conversion, with a GMT800 "NBS" master cylinder supplying the stock-style low-drag calipers in front?

Or a real rear disc conversion, with proper engineering and a master cylinder that's actually appropriate?

Verify fuel pressure.

Connect a scan tool, verify EVERY sensor and computer output. Look at fuel trims.

Assure that the initial ignition timing is correct, and that the electronic spark advance is working.

Check EGR and PCV operation.
O2 was replaced.

The disc brake conversion and master cylinder are from Little Shop Mfg. It is indeed a flat bracket bolt on. I went with R1 concepts rotor and calipers in front from rock auto.

My fuel pump does have proper ground and power. I did check.

Thermostat ground confirmed good via continuity.

I am getting no codes but ordered a Bosch OBD1 scan tool (OBD 1300) that says it is compatible