What's under the interior in a 92 blazer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The carpet is starting to mold, the rear seats don't fold as flat as I'd like, and I'd rather just remove it all to the metal. My question is, will I find relatively flat steel or is it pretty uneven?

Even better, does anyone have pictures of a stripped interior in a blazer or even a suburban?

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my 99' 2 door Tahoe when I gutted it to replace the carpet and pretty much go through everything. Hope this helps!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I had your picture saved from a while back actually, it was the one that had me thinking I could do this. I ended up stripping it but its probably gonna stay this way for the future.
You must be registered for see images attach

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you need to haul "stuff" more than people, then yeah, I agree with spraying some bed liner in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Absolutely correct Eric, I read a big article about it in the passed. It is for outdoor use only. Ever smelled the bed under a tonneau cover sitting in the sun when you first open the tailgate? You do not want to be sitting in that for any period of time.

I wonder about rocker guard as it's a completely different product that dries hard and dosent smell whatsoever. Plus it's not a finished product and it can be primed and painted. Its probably a much safer option. And it will cover all blemishes just fine.

Al

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always used rubberized coating for interiors. It's impossible to get people into those back seats anyways, so it's going to the scrap heap. I think the SHO is the only car I've kept back seats in lol.

I'm looking up heavy duty drawer sliders now, thinking about a false floor that slides out the back like a big drawer but open on top.