What in the world could block my fuel filler neck?

What's stopping up my fuel filler?

• Oops: Trash or debris that accidentally fell in there.

• Sabotage: Trash or debris that had a revenge motif.

• Kink: The filler hose is kinked, twisted, swollen, or ruined.

• Vent: The vent is hosed. No pun intended.

• Vermin: Animals at work. Food or home for a creature and/or politician.

• Rust: Almost impentrable rust like the rest of the truck. Filler neck or top of tank.

• Tank: The gas tank has a major problem and the filler is fine.

• Pump: The gas station's pump handle was defective.

• Gravity: The fuel filler is not high enough for gas to flow into the tank.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This is sort of a smartazz question but it's really a valid one. I was roadtripping through gorgeous Oregon several years ago. I got rude surprise late one night, just as I drove into Pendleton via Spokane, in that I wasn't allowed to pump my own gas; because of some Oregon State law I was told.

So, firesuit on ... If ya do not pump your own gas, and ya don't routinely hop back & forth across the river, how the heck can a driver know when the pump's not filling/working as expected ? BTW, We spent the entire following day enjoying Pendleton; that leather aroma of Hamley's saddlery. Then we followed the river to the sea.
The only way to tell about the gas pump is to get out and watch. Since then, the state has passed a law allowing you to pump your gas but there is still people there that will pump if needed. Lots of times, they have full service pumps separated from the self serve pumps.

MountainDont

Reaction score
It appears that the fuel pump handle was faulty. I never thought to tell the gas pump attendant, but she may have known and neglected to shut the pump down. I hate that local, small-time filling station. Their stuff is always breaking down or having problems. And expensive. I hardly ever go there if I can help it. Congrats to the 2 winners of the poll!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It appears that the fuel pump handle was faulty. I never thought to tell the gas pump attendant, but she may have known and neglected to shut the pump down. I hate that local, small-time filling station. Their stuff is always breaking down or having problems. And expensive. I hardly ever go there if I can help it. Congrats to the 2 winners of the poll!
If it had not happened to me, after replacing my entire system with new Genuine GM parts, I may have guessed another way. For me, all that was left was the faulty pump.