Tuning... Again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if there's a service out there that helps with tuning. My 96 has an 0411 and thinks it's a 2001 Chevy Express van.

1) shorties
2) 2.5" catless exhaust
3) 1.6 rockers
4) Volant intake
5) Electric fans

I've been having some trouble getting started with hptuners on this truck and am starting to think maybe going a different route for the tune might be more cost effective, especially in terms of how much time I invest. Looking at the tune repository on HPtuners is limited too. There isn't much for this truck that isn't stock.

Any companies out there that help out with tunes that you guys trust?

[edit] I looked up BlackBear and they want $700 for a tuner. Wow.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a wideband O2 and start tuning.
I have a wide band, but not sure where to start, what to log, how to interpret the log and so on. I'm also not sure which bank to hook up the wideband and how to interface it with Hptuners.

I'm a baby in tuning right now.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a wide band, but not sure where to start, what to log, how to interpret the log and so on. I'm also not sure which bank to hook up the wideband and how to interface it with Hptuners.

I'm a baby in tuning right now.

Me too. I watched some YouTube videos before hacking away at it. I switched to Holley eventually, but I'm still a noob.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you used a wide band yet?

I still have mine in a box, lol.