Trying to find original paint color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh? Let me get the color goddess, swmbo. Teal is a green or shade thereof. Indigo is a blue as shown .
Those are the colors from the 95 service manual. If yours is 39U and you are blue . 36 is a different color.
Where's the problem? Your not color blind are you?
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? Let me get the color goddess, swmbo. Teal is a green or shade thereof. Indigo is a blue as shown .
Those are the colors from the 95 service manual. If yours is 39U and you are blue . 36 is a different color.
Where's the problem? Your not color blind are you?
No, I realized that a few posts back. I was looking at post #4 that said 36U Teal(which is correct), I was thinking it was wrong because mine is Blue, but mine is 39U, hence the :Stupid Me: emoji. A simple 36/39 misread.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm researching things about my truck as I'm trying to fix its many problems and so far it's been very cryptic. Right now I'm trying to figure out what the original paint color was and I can't find my paint code, or at least one that matches my RPO sticker. I know my sticker is the original because the RPO codes match up to my truck.
Every GM paint code I can find begins with wa, while what I can assume is mine begins with h. Anyone know why or can help?
What's interesting is your vin RPO makeup is G6U for a 1995 K - 53C - TK10516 - Tahoe/Yukon - 06,16 Bodystyle (4WD). GM OE database Calls it a LT ADRIATIC BLUE MET, but that's a Buick color. The OEM touchup is 12345914 which is (MED DK TEAL MET, WA 9828). Is your truck a fleet vehicle?

Attachments

• Color G6U.jpg
    Color G6U.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I'm researching things about my truck as I'm trying to fix its many problems and so far it's been very cryptic. Right now I'm trying to figure out what the original paint color was and I can't find my paint code, or at least one that matches my RPO sticker. I know my sticker is the original because the RPO codes match up to my truck.
Every GM paint code I can find begins with wa, while what I can assume is mine begins with h. Anyone know why or can help?
Looks like you've got great responses and the answer already, but I'll just add - GM changed the way they represent the color on the SPID label (that sticker in your glovebox) a few times over the years. It would seem around '95 they dropped the WA- prefix. Usually regardless of year, color is represented with a U- or L- prefix as well, and that would indicate "upper" and "lower" colors, in case of a two-tone. Your SPID label is a little uncommon in the respect that it only lists the color in the RPO code form (36U) instead of also below all the RPO codes, to the right of the BC/CC (basecoat/clearcoat, indicating the particular paint process) as a 4 digit number which would be 9828 in your case (medium dark teal metallic)

Richard

arkiishark

Reaction score
What's interesting is your vin RPO makeup is G6U for a 1995 K - 53C - TK10516 - Tahoe/Yukon - 06,16 Bodystyle (4WD). GM OE database Calls it a LT ADRIATIC BLUE MET, but that's a Buick color. The OEM touchup is 12345914 which is (MED DK TEAL MET, WA 9828). Is your truck a fleet vehicle?
It might be a fleet truck, at some point in it's early life or from new it was owned by the state of Wyoming. Not too sure what Wyoming would use a Yukon for other then maybe a ranger truck.
Also not too sure if vinyl floors were a factory option or aftermarket but it's got them.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Generally govt purchase vehicles aren't equipped with better or upgrade options. Vinyl seats, vinyl floor, manual windows, etc.