Throttle cable adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So threw on a TBI spacer over the weekend has a lil slack in it, tried the adjuster screw but doesn't do anything, should the cable be attached to the adjuster in the front cause you can just pull on it, thinking maybe its worn? And is there anyway to adjust the cruise control cable?

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Yeah, just turn the knob. The cable is supposed to be loose at the end; it passes through the adjuster loose and has a crimp to hold it on.

Richard

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know how to adjust the throttle cable? Not sure where this knob is that everyone talks about

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but the pedal cable should be in the upper slot on throttle bracket and cruise on the lower

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Anyone know how to adjust the throttle cable? Not sure where this knob is that everyone talks about
Never said the accelerator cable has an adjustment. I was just saying the cruise is the one with the knob; thought you were still thinking that one needed adjustment, it's just the little knob on it right in the picture.

I may be wrong, but the pedal cable should be in the upper slot on throttle bracket and cruise on the lower
Pretty sure the holes are different sizes for all 3 cable spots (the lowest being for TV-cable on 700R4 trucks).

Just another reason I don't care for throttle body spacers. More trouble than they're worth, IMO.

Richard

jxhj11

Reaction score
I have the exact issue after a throttle body spacer was installed. I was able to use a brake cable adjuster where the cable ends at the pedal. It fits right into the slot.
The pack I bought was a 4 pack but one was enough to take up the slack I needed. I used two of the slotted nuts. One at the very top to prevent the wire from slipping out. It will slip out if because it moves around with just one nut. The other i placed at the bottom to do the actual adjusting. Once I found the sweet spot I placed blue thread lock on it. However I could bet that crimping the head would have worked but would be way more permanent in case future adjustment was needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240829-122539.png
    Screenshot_20240829-122539.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240829_172955560.jpg
    PXL_20240829_172955560.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 3