The old family farm truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alaraine

Reaction score
I just spent the last hour and a half fabricating new exhaust hangers from 1/8 inch thick sheet metal. So at least that's one thing fixed.

Picture of one of the mounts mid way through. I rolled the edges to match the tail pipe contour and clamped it to the pipe with exhaust clamps since I don't know how to weld
Where it's notched is where it insets into the exhaust hanger bracket. I am lucky to have a very large shop to work in I'll post some pictures at some point
You must be registered for see images attach

Took another look at the catalytic converter area I can't even find the wire for the 02 sensor I guess my uncle just decided to hack it out.

I checked my speedometer ground wire, it's good so either that's my cluster or speed sensor, going to try to replace the speed sensor later today, I got sick of working in the rain, gotta love Washington in the spring :eyeroll:

alaraine

Reaction score
Well I replaced the speed sensor to no avail, speedo still not working. Having no speedo in your daily is annoying. I'm going to pull the cluster out and check it over see if anything is obviously wrong, hopefully it's something painfully simple like a loose connection. While I have it out I'm going to replace the cluster bulbs since two bulbs are dead anyway. Hopefully tackling that this weekend.

alaraine

Reaction score
Until you get the speedo fixed use an app on your phone for speed.

I have been, but it's annoying and technically a mechanical violation. Mostly though, I just want everything to work right, and the speedometer is the last thing other than the AC that I need to fix in terms of interior comfort and convenience

Your O2 sensor should be upstream of the catalytic converter, or at least where it should be. So it shouldn't make a difference at all.

Yeah it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference but again just trying to get everything working "right" I got a line on a new cat for $120 it's universal fit but regardless of weather I get a "universal" or OE I'm going to have to cut out the welded pipe where the cat should be.

This project is a restoration first, family truck just trying to revive her for her third life. Going to do some modifications in the long run.

First modifications planned is "fixing" the light bar it was so badly wired i was afraid it was going to catch fire so i pulled the switch and wires, going to properly wire it with a relay and a nice rocker switch, as soon as i find my soldering iron.

The second thing is building a nice stereo system. I'm thinking 6x9s in the back running off a 4 channel with replacement rear speakers, I only have the two 4x6 in the dash rattling and distorted. I think a pair of 6x9s will be plenty of bass I don't need to rattle the windows out lol but that's less than 0 priority and probably won't be till next year.

alaraine

Reaction score
You know your headlights are bad when you drive home at 10pm with your brights on and not a single person flashes there brights at you lol

Thinking about doing the 4 hi mod I've been reading about and putting the xenon bulbs in the high beam socket

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 93 is obd1, there is only one O2 sensor. It is forward of cat convertor. Not having a functioning O2 sensor degrades performance and efficiency, as it provides data input for engine air/fuel management.
Pre and post O2 sensors are used in more stringent requirements of OBD2.
Do you have the factory OE service manuals for your year? There very good, save a lot of guessing. A sticky above has the thread, with the free PDF downloads. Search service manuals.