The old family farm truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know your headlights are bad when you drive home at 10pm with your brights on and not a single person flashes there brights at you lol

Thinking about doing the 4 hi mod I've been reading about and putting the xenon bulbs in the high beam socket
It is definitely worth doing!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know your headlights are bad when you drive home at 10pm with your brights on and not a single person flashes there brights at you lol

Thinking about doing the 4 hi mod I've been reading about and putting the xenon bulbs in the high beam socket
I have "period correct" APC headlights on mine, circa 2002. They are reflector style and I put in very expensive for the time PIAA high beams....WOW!!!! That made a huge difference in my ability to see at night. Amazing how shockingly bad the factory lighting was on these trucks.

alaraine

Reaction score
A 93 is obd1, there is only one O2 sensor. It is forward of cat convertor. Not having a functioning O2 sensor degrades performance and efficiency, as it provides data input for engine air/fuel management.
Pre and post O2 sensors are used in more stringent requirements of OBD2.
Do you have the factory OE service manuals for your year? There very good, save a lot of guessing. A sticky above has the thread, with the free PDF downloads. Search service manuals.

Yeah I downloaded the PDFs it's amazing how many people have said to me "it's an old 350 you don't need a cat" I have taken several automotive classes at the community College but '93 is a bit outside of the classes focus at that time the classes were focused on 00's - '10s so very little experience with obd1 and TBI engines and zero with carbs

alaraine

Reaction score
Okay gmt400.com people, I'm lost at this point I replaced the VSS cleaned up the G202 ground and just replaced the cluster with an identical cluster from another '93 and my speedometer is STILL not functioning. What am I missing? The new cluster has 0 rust 0 corrosion looks nearly new. I don't know where to go from here please help.

Also finished piecing together my factory intake
You must be registered for see images attach

I also got the parts to fix my door handle and high beams but that's a tomorrow project I'm frustrated at this point . That pictures a test fit I still need to attach the mounting bracket

Truck sounds a little more quiet With the rest of the intake installed I like quiet

Also my volt meter is now reading correct and steady at 14v so that's nice

alaraine

Reaction score
Not sure what this is for but that strikes me as a problem

Deancr11

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd kinda lean towards cleaning a bunch of contacts just because it's fixed a few of my problems once in a while but it's cheaper than parts

alaraine

Reaction score
I'd kinda lean towards cleaning a bunch of contacts just because it's fixed a few of my problems once in a while but it's cheaper than parts

Yeah I've been doing that, I cleaned up g202 and i was trying to find G108 the manual just top LH front of engine. That's where i noticed that broken connection but on the RH side behind the AC compressor. If i could talk to my great uncle i might be able to get information on the wiring work, but that would require a quija board (dark humor sorry.) I know it sounds like I've been loading the parts cannon but part of that is just prevention overhauling every system in the truck is also one of my goals on this project.

Also this pair of wires connected to nothing confusing

alaraine

Reaction score
Well that was an expensive surprise. I couldn't get my breaks bled properly so I took it to a shop I trust. Turned out I had a bad axle seal leaking differential fluid and faulty rear wheel cylinders leaking break fluid I didn't see any of that but I didn't take the drums off. So anyway $550 later I have good breaks again