The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Sierra305

Reaction score
She's an 89 Sierra SLE 305 TBI. All stock. The paint is bad and the cab corner on passenger side has a small bit of rot but everything else is solid. So far I've put in a Dakota Digital instrument cluster and I have the 4-hi headlight mod otw from LMC. A buddy sold me a tool box for the bed. I plan to restore her to her former glory and learn some new skills as I do it so be prepared to answer some dumb questions in the future lol.

Attachments

• 20240702_145205.jpg
    20240702_145205.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240702_135938.jpg
    20240702_135938.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 7

89Sierra305

Reaction score
Also being an older guy I remember when white walls were a step up from the basic trim. Black walled tires were "standard equipment" and full wheel covers were a deluxe item. Then things changed. Performance cars got raised white letters and "wide ovals". We had blue streak Goodyears and red line Goodyears. And then something happened. People started turning their black walls out and painting their wheels black. Instead of adding brightwork like trim and shiny wheels they began blacking them out. Murdering it out I believe it is called? Why would anyone want to cheapen the look of their vehicle is beyond me.
I'm with you and I'm still relatively young (mid 30's). My dad was a gearhead and a speed junky during the 60's so I guess that's where I get it. I like white walls and dog dishes and good pin striping. And a good bench seat makes long drives with the old lady real nice (wink wink).

89Sierra305

Reaction score
Today I started painting my air cleaner. It was looking its age. I pulled it off scuffed it up pretty good and hit it with engine primer. After it cured overnight I hit it with a few coats of gloss black engine enamel. I think it's gonna look nice. I'll post pics when it's all done.