Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nows thats American ingenuity at its best!!! Looks like it did the job very well!!!

Thats some clean looking brake fluid going into the bottle right there!!!
She even needs help pushing the pedal. Sheesh. Kids these days are so soft.
At least she's trying to help get it done, cause thats what brings the cat food home!! :p

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, brakes are better. I wouldn’t take it auto-crossing but they are adequate for a daily driver that won’t be towing or hauling anything.

To recap: I replaced the leaking RR wheel cylinder, brake hoses have been replaced with braided stainless and the master cylinder was replaced.

Some observations; the initial press of the pedal is very firm, but there’s no reaction in the brakes /(I hate to assume but it makes sense to me, that this is the quick take up-quickly taking up)/ then there’s the slightest release of pressure before the brakes start to apply and the pedal firms brake up.

I ran about 3 quarts of fluid through the system, eliminating all the nasty greenish black stuff. Ran the automated bleed procedure twice after the initial bleeding and saw no signs of air during the final bleed.

Here’s some pictures of my homemade adapter.
You must be registered for see images attach

See that notch in the cap? It’s a breather. It leaks a bunch of fluid when the reservoir is pressurized. I cut a small o-ring and shoved it in the groove-under the cap gasket. This setup worked ok. Mostly helpful by keeping the reservoir full.

And my assistant got tired and took a nap on the dash. SMH, can’t find good help. :bs:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, brakes are better. I wouldn’t take it auto-crossing but they are adequate for a daily driver that won’t be towing or hauling anything.

...And my assistant got tired and took a nap on the dash. SMH, can’t find good help. :bs:
Your helper lounging over the 120mph speedo somehow reminded me of the old
'Put a Tiger in your tank' ad campaign.

Good memories from my childhood. :0)

Attachments

• tiger esso petrol station.jpg
    tiger esso petrol station.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 7

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To recap: I replaced the leaking RR wheel cylinder, brake hoses have been replaced with braided stainless and the master cylinder was replaced.

Some observations; the initial press of the pedal is very firm, but there’s no reaction in the brakes /(I hate to assume but it makes sense to me, that this is the quick take up-quickly taking up)/ then there’s the slightest release of pressure before the brakes start to apply and the pedal firms brake up.

I ran about 3 quarts of fluid through the system, eliminating all the nasty greenish black stuff. Ran the automated bleed procedure twice after the initial bleeding and saw no signs of air during the final bleed.

Here’s some pictures of my homemade adapter.

See that notch in the cap? It’s a breather. It leaks a bunch of fluid when the reservoir is pressurized. I cut a small o-ring and shoved it in the groove-under the cap gasket. This setup worked ok. Mostly helpful by keeping the reservoir full.

And my assistant got tired and took a nap on the dash. SMH, can’t find good help. :bs:
Your thoughts on the travel are spot on, the quick take up causes a slight delay before bypassing the fluid into the main area, then the real breaking happens. I have found that the harder you hit the first part the more it resists giving you an uneasy feel, when panic braking it feels like it takes forever. If you know you are going to be braking then just apply a slight load on it early and then you get an instant response when you need it.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your thoughts on the travel are spot on, the quick take up causes a slight delay before bypassing the fluid into the main area, then the real breaking happens. I have found that the harder you hit the first part the more it resists giving you an uneasy feel, when panic braking it feels like it takes forever. If you know you are going to be braking then just apply a slight load on it early and then you get an instant response when you need it.
That’s exactly what’s going on! I guess that makes me feel better that they’re finally working as intended.

In the interest of science, you should open up your old MC and see if and what damage inside. :Big Laugh:

Document the findings with photographic evidence to preserve it for perpetuity.
I plan on it!