Swapping out work truck grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z71HalfTon

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm wanting to swap my old work truck grille for the standard chrome grille. I have purchased the wiring adapters for the lights. And know I'll obviously need the new grille and headlights. But is there anything else I will need? Thanks!

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know about going from a single headlight grille to a dual headlight grille but I do know that 88-93 is one way and 94-98(99-00) are another way here are some videos that may help you
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I would think that the same thing would apply if you were swaping out a single for a different year single headlight grille or swaping a single headlight grille to a dual headlight grille or the other way around

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need the corner lights for whatever grill you get. The GMC and Chevy corners are different. The headlights come with cruddy plastic mounts for the core support, I prefer the factory mounts even when using aftermarket lights. You parking/turn signal lenses use 2 screws per side, the other grill uses 4 per side. I've never used harness adapters, I've always just cut the plugs off and wired up new plugs. This is also a good time to do the 4 high mod.