Suspension parts questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something wrong with your CV shafts?
No I don’t think so. I’ll be able to get a better look when I start this week. It’s been raining since Friday and I don’t have a carport or any cover so I haven’t been working on anything yet. I’m hoping it’s good . I think I will spring extra for the pitman arm idler arm . & do the CV axles & gearbox at some point next

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea it’s a K1500 98 4WD

Half-shaft boots look new.

UCA ball joints look to have been replaced before, I see bolts instead of rivets.

Boot is torn on the LCA ball joint.

From the looks of the cotter pin on the LCA ball joint I might guess that the castle nut's been R&R at some prior time, at least.

Last edited:

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half-shaft boots look new.

UCA ball joints look to have been replaced before, I see bolts instead of rivets.

Boot is torn on the LCA ball joint.

From the looks of the cotter pin on the LCA ball joint I might guess that the castle nut's been R&R at some prior time, at least.
Yea the LCA cotter pins they replace with nails so that’s always nice. I need to get under there with a scrapper . It’s oil and mud caked on everything pretty good seems to have Been like that for a good amount of time