Summit 8802 cam 5.7 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoeproject

Reaction score
I’m not sure this attached correctly but here is a pic of where I’m at. Did the upgraded MPFI swap and Added Flashark headers they bolted straight up to my existing exhaust no issues.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any updates?
The 0411 made a big difference. When I had the black box ecm tuned, I was a little disappointed. My truck ran better, but I kinda of expected more with a brand new engine. The 0411 really took it to another level. My truck has more power, and it runs smoother. I noticed towing my boat even before Black Bear tuned the ecm, the stock 0411 express van starter tune gave my truck more get up and go. Once we got the old girl tuned, it was a pretty impressive difference. When driving, it feels like my truck is not working as hard as it once was.

Power and smoothness wise, you would think you were driving a newer LS truck.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIW, confident both of the aforementioned comp roller cams are ground on cast iron cores; Not steel.

Both the LT4 Hot cam, and other "production" GM roller cams, and the summit 8800 series rollers are all USA ground on an SAE 5150 billet steel core.

The LT4 Hot cam price is about $565 today; the summit 8800 series about $280 today
Also, summit offers a larger selection of RETRO-Fit sbc rollers; same USA billet steel BUT ground with an LS swap firing order about $270 today. Comp's just a name & not the best either.

Reaction score
The 0411 made a big difference. When I had the black box ecm tuned, I was a little disappointed. My truck ran better, but I kinda of expected more with a brand new engine. The 0411 really took it to another level. My truck has more power, and it runs smoother. I noticed towing my boat even before Black Bear tuned the ecm, the stock 0411 express van starter tune gave my truck more get up and go. Once we got the old girl tuned, it was a pretty impressive difference. When driving, it feels like my truck is not working as hard as it once was.

Power and smoothness wise, you would think you were driving a newer LS truck.
Wow! The blackbear swap for me made a big difference, but mainly because I had some transmission work done too so the tune really matched up. Who got you tuned after your swap?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIW, confident both of the aforementioned comp roller cams are ground on cast iron cores; Not steel.

Both the LT4 Hot cam, and other "production" GM roller cams, and the summit 8800 series rollers are all USA ground on an SAE 5150 billet steel core.

The LT4 Hot cam price is about $565 today; the summit 8800 series about $280 today
Also, summit offers a larger selection of RETRO-Fit sbc rollers; same USA billet steel BUT ground with an LS swap firing order about $270 today. Comp's just a name & not the best either.
I wish more companies had the LS firing order off the shelf in a factory stepped nose roller cam both hydraulic and solid roller grinds. The aftermarket makes a drop in solid roller lifter that works with the OE roller lifter retention setups in both the SBC and a LS with the valvetrain modified to be adjustable. For a high rpm setup it would be great to have the LS firing order and the LS firing order would make the 24x coil near plug setup even more straight forward tuning wise. Would basically make a LS swap harness near plug and go without the need to repin coils and injectors for the firing order changd and the base LS tune for the PCM would not need a bunch of changes related to the firing order such as injector bank assignment changes.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow! The blackbear swap for me made a big difference, but mainly because I had some transmission work done too so the tune really matched up. Who got you tuned after your swap?
Black Bear tuned both of my ECMs. The original black box and the 0411. When Justin tuned my black box ecm with my original engine, it was am amazing difference. I figured a fresh engine with a more aggressive cam would be even better. The performance tune when I replaced the engine was not anything to write home about. My truck didn't feel any more powerful performance, it just didn't seem to work as hard when I would tow and haul stuff. The idle quality was a little rough and it didn't want to start as well with the new cam. The 0411 was a game changer. There's so much more to adjust in the tune. It really woke up my truck. Idle quality was great, and no more starting issues.

Reaction score
Black Bear tuned both of my ECMs. The original black box and the 0411. When Justin tuned my black box ecm with my original engine, it was am amazing difference. I figured a fresh engine with a more aggressive cam would be even better. The performance tune when I replaced the engine was not anything to write home about. My truck didn't feel any more powerful performance, it just didn't seem to work as hard when I would tow and haul stuff. The idle quality was a little rough and it didn't want to start as well with the new cam. The 0411 was a game changer. There's so much more to adjust in the tune. It really woke up my truck. Idle quality was great, and no more starting issues.
Awesome. I’ll definitely look into swapping mine too then after my swap.