Suburban 99 Vortec 7400 swap 0411, O2 sensor missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ali32109

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've recently completed a swap and the car runs well. To further increase performance, I used VCM Scanner and noticed that my LTFT and STFT are always 0, and the O2 sensor is fixed at around 480. My car doesn't have an O2 sensor, and the pinouts for C1 (25, 26, 28, 29 and 65, 66, 68, 69) have no wires from the black box.

I'm not sure if my car came without an O2 sensor from the factory or if a previous owner removed it.
Since I planning to remove the catalyst from the system, how many O2 sensor need to be add and in which pinout?

Can anyone guide me on where to start?

Thanks!

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've recently completed a swap and the car runs well. To further increase performance, I used VCM Scanner and noticed that my LTFT and STFT are always 0, and the O2 sensor is fixed at around 480. My car doesn't have an O2 sensor, and the pinouts for C1 (25, 26, 28, 29 and 65, 66, 68, 69) have no wires from the black box.

I'm not sure if my car came without an O2 sensor from the factory or if a previous owner removed it.
Since I planning to remove the catalyst from the system, how many O2 sensor need to be add and in which pinout?

Can anyone guide me on where to start?

Thanks!
The engine will run like hot garbage without at least two o2 sensors. You will need B1S1 and B2S1 sensors installed in order for the engine to be able to enter closed loop and get STFT and LTFT. If you do not have cats, then there is no reason to have B1S2 and B2S2 installed. They are only for monitoring catalyst efficiency. You would just need to turn off the DTC monitoring for those sensors and related catalyst efficiency codes.