Stock fuel pump for Holley EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctbhess

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 96 4.3 vortec that I am swaping over to a 383 stroker with the Holley terminator X max stealth EFI. It requires 58lbs of pressure with a return style fuel system. The stock fuel pump pegs 65lbs easy with a return.
Has anyone had any luck using the stock set up with a return style regulator set to 58lbs? My concern is the the stock pump may hit 65lbs ok, but not have enough volume under a heavy load. (WOT)
Thoughts?

TIA

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 96 4.3 vortec that I am swaping over to a 383 stroker with the Holley terminator X max stealth EFI. It requires 58lbs of pressure with a return style fuel system. The stock fuel pump pegs 65lbs easy with a return.
Has anyone had any luck using the stock set up with a return style regulator set to 58lbs? My concern is the the stock pump may hit 65lbs ok, but not have enough volume under a heavy load. (WOT)
Thoughts?

TIA
Same pump came from GM Performance with the 502 HP Ramjet 502 crate engine. Biggest issue on these trucks to fuel delivery is inadequate fuel pump wiring. 10awg wire off the alternator output stud to a 40 amp relay and a 10 awg ground wire. Racetronix hotwire kit is a well engineered solution.

ctbhess

Reaction score
Same pump came from GM Performance with the 502 HP Ramjet 502 crate engine. Biggest issue on these trucks to fuel delivery is inadequate fuel pump wiring. 10awg wire off the alternator output stud to a 40 amp relay and a 10 awg ground wire. Racetronix hotwire kit is a well engineered solution.
Thanks for the info. The wiring makes sense.