Steering wheel off 90°

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why?
The correct rag joint is like $35. Tell your hack mechanic you want your $400 back. Tell him he can keep that incorrect steering shaft and stick it up his you know what.
I'm starting to lean towards that. My problem is he's over an hour away, as I was at my camp when problems arose. Paying for another shaft, not knowing if he'll refund me, is another issue. Money gets tight. He already swears he ordered what the truck called for. If it was just down the road, I would've already addressed it further.

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude probably did his best to get you out of a jam. I would let it go, buy your rag joint or your new shaft lay in appropriate adult beverages, point those tires straight and swap it out (30 mins including break for hydration) and you will know its good. Once that is done get you an alignment and enjoy your truck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure your mechanic isn't a r3t@rd like me and just put the thing on the box 90 degrees off. In my defense though, the whole front end was way off when I did it so it's not like it was right then wrong.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure your mechanic isn't a r3t@rd like me and just put the thing on the box 90 degrees off. In my defense though, the whole front end was way off when I did it so it's not like it was right then wrong.
From what he said it only goes on the box one way because of the slot in it.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude probably did his best to get you out of a jam. I would let it go, buy your rag joint or your new shaft lay in appropriate adult beverages, point those tires straight and swap it out (30 mins including break for hydration) and you will know its good. Once that is done get you an alignment and enjoy your truck.
He did, & it helped me out big time. Otherwise, I'd a had to have it towed home or left it there, which I didn't want to do because it's the only truck that tows my pontoon, & we were going out on it the next day.