Steering wheel lock plate part #

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1993 k1500… changed out lock cylinder . Everything went great, UNTIL. guess i didn’t realize the lock plate was on upside down. Bent the hell Out of it, and snapped the plastic piece too. does anyone know what those exact parts are called, and where i might source one from other than junkyard?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
That broken plastic part is the horn contact ring.

May just be time to get another column from the boneyard, if you can. Be sure it's same style (tilt vs. non-tilt) and from a GMT400. The parts you need are likely the same regardless, but you never know when you'll need the entire column, so you may as well get the whole thing from one you can directly swap.

Or, it's entirely possible you can find one in the boneyard that is a theft recovery where someone has already busted up the column housing (very common) so they won't mind if you ask first, then pull the little pieces that you need.

Richard