Squeaking/ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montecole

Reaction score
Hey, new to the group. I have a 95 C1500 with 154k on the body and 74k on a Goodwrench 350TBI. Recently I put on Y pipe duals and as a result I’m hearing a squeaking/ticking sound. Before this the truck had no exhaust besides the Y pipe and cat so I have no idea when this noise started. It’s loudest on the passenger side floorboard. Friends were no help. It’s loudest when driving. Oil pressure is 25-30psi at 500RPM/idle and 40-50PSI driving at 1500-2000RPM. It builds oil pressure and I can hear nothing at idle only when given throttle. If you let off completely the noise goes away. I’m not convinced it’s knock. I’m thinking the donut gaskets or manifold gaskets? Any input is appreciated even if you guys call me stupid . TIA and any help is appreciated!

montecole

Reaction score
I just got exhaust put on the truck and before nothing was audible. They only touched from the cat-back. It’s a squeak, almost like an idler pulley but it’s only loudest from the passenger side and while driving. Not noticeable at startup or idle. There are a couple soot trails but I know it has an exhaust leak somewhere.