Speedometer needle jumping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kirkcoleman

Reaction score
I have a 91 Chevy Silverado I took out the change cluster and put in a new one from a 95. I install the different plug and install the drac module. Everything is working correctly except for the speedometer when you start the truck it bounces from 10 to 20 miles an hour on the speedometer. Can anybody help me out and tell me what I did wrong?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Wait, you fabbed up your '91 to accommodate the later style cluster? It's possible the stepper motor in the '95's cluster is pooched.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 91 Chevy Silverado I took out the change cluster and put in a new one from a 95. I install the different plug and install the drac module. Everything is working correctly except for the speedometer when you start the truck it bounces from 10 to 20 miles an hour on the speedometer. Can anybody help me out and tell me what I did wrong?
Is that the only time it jumps? Works correct when driving? That is cool by the way, we need pictures.

kirkcoleman

Reaction score
No it jumps around worse when you drive. I currently have it unhooked right now. I only get a test driving and hooked it