Speedo not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unactive1

Reaction score
Yep, same thing I've seen on multiple 1988-1991 models. Just don't get in the habit of whacking the dash as you'll break it easily and I have to tell you it's really not enjoyable driving around a truck with a busted-up dash. It's hard to find a good used one, often expensive when you do, and a replacement new one will cost you $400+. Installation isn't terribly fun, either.

Richard
LoL yea not gonna do that. I like breaking things but not the truck.

Unactive1

Reaction score
Update: I haven't checked dash yet. Today while driving the speedo started working out of no where. It has now started sporadic wild shifting. Its shifting back and forth while just casually accelerating. That would be the speed sensor probably right ?

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Update: I haven't checked dash yet. Today while driving the speedo started working out of no where. It has now started sporadic wild shifting. Its shifting back and forth while just casually accelerating. That would be the speed sensor probably right ?
Your transmission is not electronically controlled, other than the torque converter lockup. When you say shifting, if you mean other than a couple hundred RPM difference from torque converter locked/unlocked, something else is going on.

Richard