Sliding rear window leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motrhedx81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with leaking rear sliding window? Mine is the 3 piece. It seems to be leaking through the sliding glass seals, and running down towards the sides and down into the cab. Carpet and insulation on both sides are soaked. There is mold and some rust bubbles in the floor, so it's been doing it for a while.

Does anybody know if the seals can be replaced? If not, I'll probably just change to single window. I don't ever open it because it's a crew cab and the a/c works.

You must be registered for see images attach

Motrhedx81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For whoever may be interested... I think I found the issue, or one of tbe primary issues. I got to cleaning the back window track and frame and discovered 3 drains in the bottom track/frame. They were clogged up with dirt and junk. I got those cleaned out and draining. But it rained lightly and there was still some water seeping down the back wall. It came from water that got in the corners and the joints aren't sealed. I'm going to make sure they're good and clean and the seal up the corners and test again.

Motrhedx81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had to deal with a fair bit of pre-rust and light rust. These are all the spots I've had to sand down and treat. Glad I caught this stuff now, or it could've been real bad.

All touched up...

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you caught it in time! Typically we don't have rust problems here, with one exception: A daily driver parked in the garage. For half the year you are tacking in snow and it just can never dry out. We try all kinds of stuff but when its -30 out you really don't care about stuff like this until summer.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    393.6 KB · Views: 2

Motrhedx81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shew, glad I didn't get to that point. At least it's self draining. I'm counting my blessings that mine wasn't worst. I think this truck would be a real mess if it didn't live most of its life in Wyoming. I have noticed rust popping up now that it's in the more humid Kentucky area.

My carpet was a mess, but i think I have it cleaned up enough to salvage. I did have to get new insulation because I just couldn't get the musty smell out of the original.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shew, glad I didn't get to that point. At least it's self draining. I'm counting my blessings that mine wasn't worst. I think this truck would be a real mess if it didn't live most of its life in Wyoming.
Wyoming is pretty good on trucks rust wise. That's where I am from (Rawlins/Carbon County), still have tons of family there.