Running warmer than normal or poorly working AC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there since it is warming up outside for summer. If any of that applies to you, check your fan clutch. I recently replaced the junk aftermarket unit with an OE GM severe duty clutch for the heavy duty cooling system optioned GMT400s. Clutch is working as designed, at 1,500 rpm with the ac on and the engine up to temp, it sounds nearly like a propellor powered plane and moving a massive amount of airflow with the 11-bladed fan it is spinning. It was 97F here today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
Reaction score
Four Seasons 88947 has cooled the best for me in my 97 Express. I have used the 34" wide core OSC 4721 Condenser in several trucks.
Do you think it is absolutely necessary to replace the clutch or would the 10 blade be enough as my clutch is fairly new... Also I was able to find the accumulator switch you recommmend. I was wondering if you have a write up on the adjusting procedure? I read on a different post where you turned your evaporator core into a block of ice! (Badass).