Remote keyfob fcc ID help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kballs

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 96 suburban. Didn't come with key fobs, but has remote module installed from factory and will go into program mode with.pins 4&8 jumped on the obd conn. I tried a couple fobs from Amazon, but I think they're the wrong ones. I've seen people mention fcc id from your old keys, but how are you supposed to know when you don't have any old fobs to go from for the right number?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
AB1502T ... That's every GMT400 96+.

How long did you hold the lock/unlock buttons on the remote during the programming procedure? Sometimes it can take 10-20 seconds to sync. More than that and yeah you probably have the wrong remotes.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My dad's 96 truck had the rectangular key fob, but it's long gone. My 99 uses the sort of tear drop shaped one.

Kballs

Reaction score
I held them both for a min, checked and made sure the batts werent DOA, both were 3v. I don't know how many different versions there are. 96 seems to be a split in parts for the keyless parts

Kballs

Reaction score
My dad's 96 truck had the rectangular key fob, but it's long gone. My 99 uses the sort of tear drop shaped one.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. The ad said 96-99 but other listing show 96 being the square shaped type you mentioned

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Hm... I mean I could be wrong, only way to know for sure is get up under the dash and take down the receiver module, the FCCID is printed on that module.

Kballs

Reaction score

So I pulled that bracket it's mounted to and looks like it's Fcc ID ABO0116R​

Can't find much at all that matches that code online. It's a valid code, maybe just an oddball less common one?

Last edited: