Reinstating Dual battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just remembered one more thing. The factory wiring from the solenoid to the positive battery terminal was 8 gauge and had a section of 12 gauge fusible link at the battery end.

Kevin99

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the advice snd information, l’m going to start this project in a couple of weeks when i get back from vacation, let you know how i get on.

Kevin99

Reaction score
Hi from the other side of the pond, I’m looking to reinstate the dual battery in the my 92 C2500 long bed. It had a camper conversion which had been removed before I bought the truck. It appears to be a factory or dealership install as there is a GM label in the glovebox detailing loading for a slide in camper.
Anyhow, the additional battery tray & solenoid are all in place & wiring looks to be original, the only thing that i can see is missing is the cable from the solenoid main stud that should go to the secondary battery.
I just have 2 questions, 1- apart from installing the additional battery, do i just need to buy a new positive battery cable for the battery/ solenoid connection.
2- The alternator looks to be original, there are no markings or labels that i can see to tell me the output, I’m assuming that if it is original, it would handle dual batteries. Is there a way to check its maximum output?
I’ve attached a photo of the additional solenoid for information.
Tia
Just wanted to post a short update, i’ve just got around to reinstalling the Auxiliary battery, wiring and relay, and everything is working perfectly.
Thanks everyone for your input and advice. Really appreciate it.