Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
'99 C2500 RCLB

BC/CC U9792 "Indigo Blue" metallic

You must be registered for see images attach

Not that rare a color back in the day, but much more rare 25 years after the fact.
And after 228 replies, I only saw one other reference to this color. (reply #198)

It's a nice, deep color in person. Very light dependent -- a midnight blue in a parking garage,
but brilliant in the direct sun. A pure blue, one that doesn't have a purple undertone.

At the paintref website, the usage history of this color helps to explain why I rarely see this color
beside me on the road today:

* Introduced in '93, through rest of GMT400 production.
* Only listed for Topkick/Kodiak from '06-'10
* Apparently retired from '11-'17
* 'Fleet' & special order from '18-'23
* Returned to pickups in '24 (A brand new Indigo Blue Silverado pickup caught my eye today, making me curious)

Here's a link to the paintref page on this deep blue: (WA9792 GM Indigo Blue) Note: A helpful website to learn a little
bit more about the paint on your pride & joy.

Another color I enjoy is the Emerald Green metallic. To me, both colors draw attention to themselves in an understated fashion.
There it is! Such a great color blue. I mentioned in another thread if built a dream GMT400 from the ground up, the upper would be IBM. Awesome!

However, I do LOVE the much more rare Light Quasar Blue Metallic. There's a '95 truck in LQBM that ended on BAT back in '21 that I would absolutely trade my truck for in a second. Even though I prefer the interior of my pre-95 truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: