Quick question about 454 injector replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fragment

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in the middle of replacing the injectors on my 1997 K2500 454. I ordered the 50 Motorsports injectors, and got everything put in... but it seems like the injectors are too short? I've got them to where the O-rings are engaged on both the fuel rail, and in the manifold. The problem is that the injectors are not fully seated inside the manifold, they are only fully seated in the fuel rail. Their length does not allow otherwise due to the way that the fuel rail mounts.

Is this okay as long as the O-rings are engaged in the manifold like I have them, or will these not work at all? I'm kind of at a loss here...

Has anyone on here successfully used these injectors like this?

I've thrown a couple pictures in to try and illustrate.

Thanks for the help.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fragment

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now I'm noticing, there are actually two notches that will fit the metal clips... but with the clip in either position it seems the injector will only fully bottom out in one side or the other. I assume the notch that has the blue arrow is the one I'm supposed to use, and is the one I am using in the pictures above... but I don't really know.

Fragment

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone that finds this thread in the future... I left the clip on the blue arrow groove, and there were no leaks. Fired right up and had no issues!