Question regarding valve covers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgbude

Reaction score
Well here's the deal. I bought new valve covers unaware that they were for a 350 vortec I believe cause I found they fit but only when opposite sides. To the question. Will I run into any issues with the valve covers swapped sides shown in picture?

Attachments

• 20240803_212601.jpg
    20240803_212601.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240803_212539.jpg
    20240803_212539.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 20

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will I run into any issues with the valve covers swapped sides shown in picture?
If you have the baffle under the PCV hole, you'll be good. If not, you may suck too much oil into the TB.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then, as mentioned above, run a longer hose :waytogo:

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the problem with them? GM lists the same part number for TBI and Vortec valve covers?
^^^ Yup. I didn't know there was a difference between TBI and Vortec valve covers.
There are two different TBI/Vortec valve covers, and I need to get a picture of them side-by-side. The last of the valve covers (I think the switch was during the Vortec production run) have a narrower PCV baffle. I know this because I have a set of cheapskate Pro-Form roller rockers, and the earlier valve covers don't fit with them. The stock valve covers from my '99 Suburban fit perfectly. I don't know if they have the same part number or not.