Power window help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantom 309

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I added windows and door locks to my 95,. windows work fine,.
I took the cross cab harness and trimmed it down to what i thought i needed,. I think i have cut the wrong orange wires somewhere ( there was a bunch,. so door locks are not working
My question is, if i feed power to both orange wires separately do the door locks simply ground through the metal door ? It seems a simple common ground and alternating power, but i can't make it work,.. Any idea's or help here would be appreciated

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
not really gunna be much help but do you know which wires from the door harness (driver/passenger) need power and ground for the power locks? I put electric doors on my manual truck and was able to wire up the windows, not the locks. We are in a similar but different boat and i was hoping to get a little more knowledge.

phantom 309

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not really gunna be much help but do you know which wires from the door harness (driver/passenger) need power and ground for the power locks? I put electric doors on my manual truck and was able to wire up the windows, not the locks. We are in a similar but different boat and i was hoping to get a little more knowledge.
I honestly don't know yet,. its been pretty hot n humid, and i haven't tried again,.. no extra info from the forum either,.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I added windows and door locks to my 95,. windows work fine,.
I took the cross cab harness and trimmed it down to what i thought i needed,. I think i have cut the wrong orange wires somewhere ( there was a bunch,. so door locks are not working
My question is, if i feed power to both orange wires separately do the door locks simply ground through the metal door ? It seems a simple common ground and alternating power, but i can't make it work,.. Any idea's or help here would be appreciated
There should be two orange with power, one for the power mirrors and light in the door panel, and the other for the lock switch. The ground is shared with the window, there's only one ground wire leaving the door back to the truck body.

phantom 309

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There should be two orange with power, one for the power mirrors and light in the door panel, and the other for the lock switch. The ground is shared with the window, there's only one ground wire leaving the door back to the truck body.
Thats good info,.thankyou,. no power mirrors,.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There available here , free PDF download. All most all years are available. Including some expanded large format wire diagrams/ circuits. The FSM are pretty thorough. I the engine head are links. If you can read the circuits , it might save you a lot of time.

phantom 309

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i took door pads off again, found that the drivers door lock actuator was not working just twitching,. try as i might i could not get the switch to work the door locks, i used straight feed from battery to orange wire at the switch, both blacks are grounded bottom dash on metal pipe,.
i could manually work the pass side by using power and ground jumpers right to the actuator,.alternating the wires locks and unlocks,. there is no black ground wire on pass switch so how does the switch work the reversing polarity for lock unlock,.and how does it translate to both sides locking unlocking on either switch

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
i took door pads off again, found that the drivers door lock actuator was not working just twitching,. try as i might i could not get the switch to work the door locks, i used straight feed from battery to orange wire at the switch, both blacks are grounded bottom dash on metal pipe,.
i could manually work the pass side by using power and ground jumpers right to the actuator,.alternating the wires locks and unlocks,. there is no black ground wire on pass switch so how does the switch work the reversing polarity for lock unlock,.and how does it translate to both sides locking unlocking on either switch
I had this same problem. Its like they just over complicated it for no reason.