Power/heated seat wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a complete interior from a Z71 that has dual power/heated seats. My 96 yukon has driver power, no heated seats. The driver side plug is the same, but the heated seats has a brown wire, guessing it's for the heat part, but is this just a hot wire? Its small gauge wire so wouldn't think it would be, but maybe a trigger for a relay? Now the pass side is different. Totally different plug, 96 has I think 2 wires, the heated seats has a bigger plug than the driver side. I'll try n snap a pic, was busy gutting the interior for the 98 Tahoe and thought was gonna rain lol.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was the passenger seat powered? I know they had power support and that's it but I wouldn't think adding heat would make it bigger..

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pass side is power and heated. The heated part seems simple enough, but theres a **** ton more wires with the new seats...

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Electrical not my area. But too bad you cant splice off the driver side. Also I wish I had the defrost mirrors. Been wanting to get those and wire it.. just dont wanna screw it up

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know why the plugs are so different, they do the same thing, so why have more wires than the other?? I'll snap a pic to show what Im talking about....