power door lock and power window problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbowzer

Reaction score
hello all,

application: 1999 Cadillac Escalade

I am having problems with my driver and passenger front door locks. Often in the past, one of the two doors would not shut due to the lock being engaged (when it should be free to close. I would have to insert the key into the problematic door, lock and unlock, then physically move the latch so the door could close. I didnt have any more problems until the other day when the passenger door did it again; I tried the same method and managed to get it closed but now the door will not lock/unlock (via keyfob or pwr door switch) unless i lock from inside or with key from outside. I have noticed then when I do press the unlock button (on keyfob or inside switch) that there is a signal being sent to it (some movement is noticable) but no unlock/lock action takes place. ??

Also with the same door (front passenger), the power window will now only roll down 1/4 of the way.. the switch seems to be working but something seems to be 'stopping' the window from going further down.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
John