PLEASE help 95 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCbackwoods

Reaction score
95 k1500 5.7 I've replaced almost everything I can and it still doesn't run right when it's wet outside. Just alittle bit of dew will make the fuel pump only come on for 3 seconds, it'll start but really rough and dies when put into gear. I've got it running so I even sprayed every single thing on the truck and it didn't mess up. Any ideas will be very appreciated

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need to be more specific, what is almost everything ? Is problem the same or has it changed since you replaced almost everything ? Do you have fuel pressure gauge to ck what your fuel pressure is a prime,run and under load ? What did you spray and with what ? Do you have a scanner to look at data to see what's going on ? In the fuel and emissions manual you will find a section that has symptoms and what to ck, that is in Sticky thread above titled 88-98 service manuals.

NCbackwoods

Reaction score
Need to be more specific, what is almost everything ? Is problem the same or has it changed since you replaced almost everything ? Do you have fuel pressure gauge to ck what your fuel pressure is a prime,run and under load ? What did you spray and with what ? Do you have a scanner to look at data to see what's going on ? In the fuel and emissions manual you will find a section that has symptoms and what to ck, that is in Sticky thread above titled 88-98 service manuals.
I've replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil, whole new distributor, IAC valve, map sensor, knock sensor plug, ecm, fuel pump relay, rewired fuel pump relay in fuze box, fuel pump and probably more stuff I forgot. I thought it was moisture related until I sprayed all wires with a water spray bottle

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking your distributor cap has a center spring loaded carbon piece, make sure you didn't break this when dist. cap was reinstalled, ck/make sure egr valve is seated and that plug wires a routed correctly, especially 5&7 on driver side, they should not be side by side because of crossfire, have you ckd for vacuum leaks this will make for running rough and dieing also, does IAC seem to be idling up and down as it should, you would need scanner to ck this as well as timing light to verify ignition timing is correct. Have you driven it after IAC replacement to let computer relearn itself (closed loop operation)

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
things not listed... ground attachment for fuel pump OK? fpr OK? fuel filter OK?

Last edited:

NCbackwoods

Reaction score
things not listed... ground attachment for fuel pump OK? fpr OK? fuel filter OK?

I'm thinking your distributor cap has a center spring loaded carbon piece, make sure you didn't break this when dist. cap was reinstalled, ck/make sure egr valve is seated and that plug wires a routed correctly, especially 5&7 on driver side, they should not be side by side because of crossfire, have you ckd for vacuum leaks this will make for running rough and dieing also, does IAC seem to be idling up and down as it should, you would need scanner to ck this as well as timing light to verify ignition timing is correct. Have you driven it after IAC replacement to let computer relearn itself (closed loop operation)
Check engine light finally came on and I checked it... code 51 which is a PROM code. I took the computer back out and took the PROM out, installed it back and I realized I didn't have it 100% connected the first time. The truck has been running better than ever for a week now. FINALLY got her fixed

NCbackwoods

Reaction score
Check engine light finally came on and I checked it... code 51 which is a PROM code. I took the computer back out and took the PROM out, installed it back and I realized I didn't have it 100% connected the first time. The truck has been running better than ever for a week now. FINALLY got her fixed

NCbackwoods

Reaction score
95 k1500 5.7 I've replaced almost everything I can and it still doesn't run right when it's wet outside. Just alittle bit of dew will make the fuel pump only come on for 3 seconds, it'll start but really rough and dies when put into gear. I've got it running so I even sprayed every single thing on the truck and it didn't mess up. Any ideas will be very appreciated
Thanks for all the info guys, really appreciate it

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you found problem, thanks for letting us know , nothing more aggravating than having something that's not quite right and having looked at it multiple times.