Over-cooling problem is driving me crazy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about that and I may change the one in the head next. The one in the intake has already been changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its really the only thing it could be unless its a faulty gauge I would think. Have you noticed any other symptoms?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is a clogged radiator isn't allowing coolant to flow.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I read that you flushed the system and used cleaner? Maybe I read it from someone else's post.. too lazy to look back but what tends to happen is "slugs" that are a pain in the butt get caught in the system like the heater core. It is very well possible! I would personally flush each section separately but its a little cold for that, at least here in NY.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^ Thats what I meant by flush the system, the rad flush stuff can loosen more than what comes out on the first flush and over time can clog somewhere else. Someone mentioned a faulty temp sending unit, very good possibility.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I did flush the system with a cleaner when I replaced the water pump and heater core. My only defense for the temp sending unit is that the temp on the gauge never reads above about 200. Doesn't that theoretically mean that the thermostat is doing its job?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Up north, december, your t-stat can be faulty and stick open and temps never go above 100-120.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not a daily driver (yet) so I think i'm just going to park it until after the first of the year then get it into a local radiator shop and have them figure it out. Be it power flushing the whole system again, replacing the radiator, whatever it takes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elwood42